A Stop at Home - Plus Eastern Canada

Work has had me really busy of late, and there has been quite a lot of travel. I had booked a trip to eastern Canada to visit with some customers and partners, and it gave me a chance to make a stop to visit with the family. It was really nice to be able to spend a couple of days with the kids. 

Hanging with Mackenzie and Lane.

I flew back on Saturday, which put me at Mom and Dad's about 7:30 p.m. I was surprised by Mackenzie and Lane, which was really nice. Mackenzie went all out decorating Mom and Dad's place for my arrival. Lane wasn't quite feeling himself.

Lane wasn't feeling so well during my visit. Poor guy.

So i had a nice visit with everyone Saturday night, before they all headed home. It was a lot of fun. Sunday I was lucky enough to see a whole crew of people - Lisa and Ethan came down for the day; Aunt Rosie was nice enough to stop by; Uncle Dave stopped in for a visit; and Shawn, Leanne, Mackenzie and Lane came back to spend the day. It was really nice to see everyone, and spend the weekend with the family. It would have been perfect if Justine could have been there.

The rest of the week was pretty crazy. I had 4 meetings in Toronto on Monday, before flying to Ottawa Monday night. It was cold and snowy in Ottawa, and we barely found a place to eat before calling it a night. I was with three of my co-workers, for what ended up being a very productive trip.

After spending the day in Ottawa (4 more meetings), we drove to Montreal. The weather was starting to turn on us, but we were staying right downtown at the Fairmont, so things could be worse.

My lovely room at the Fairmont in Montreal.

We woke up to a bit of a mess on Wednesday. It was snowing pretty good, and it made getting around to our four meetings that day a little challenging. Still, it all worked out, except that we then had to drive to Quebec City.

The drive was a mess! What should have taken two hours took almost four. There was rain, snow and freezing rain. It was pretty miserable frankly. We got into the Chateau Frontenac at about 9:30 that night, starving, and barely made it to the restaurant before they closed the kitchen.

View from my room on a messy night in Quebec City.

My room at the Chateau Frontenac

The next day was pretty easy - only a couple of meetings before I had to head to the airport for my flight home. The freezing rain coated everything, which made the city look spectacular. Fortunately, it didn't interfere with my flight home.

It had probably been about 15-20 years since I had been in Quebec City, and I had forgotten how nice it is there. I want to come back one day soon to enjoy the city.